Cleansing the skin is a vital part of your skin care regime.
Some people may skip this for a number of reasons like not having enough time, not being bothered, or not feeling they need to as they don’t wear makeup.
During the day, our skin perspires and is in contact with the external environment. Cleansing is essential for removing impurities, dirt and makeup, which is why it is essential that cleansing your face at night should be part of your nightly ritual.
The process is pretty straight forward:
- To start, wet or splash your face with some warm water.
- Apply a small amount of cleanser in the palm of your hand.
- Gently massage the cleanser into your skin using circular motions.
- If you were wearing makeup, use wet round cotton pads to gently wipe over your face, and remove all traces of the makeup.
- Rinse well with warm water.
If you have drier or sensitive skin, you may prefer using cream or lotion based cleanser as it is more nourishing.
If you have oily skin, you may prefer to use a foam cleanser which will leave your skin feeling fresh and clean.